Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hello Y'all. While this is my first post, I am not ready to make it my "First", so while technically it is the first post ever on my blog, I am not ready to sit down and get all thoughtful as is appropriate for one's first ever web log post. I will, however let you know when the "official" first posting is ready.

I am, what some might call, a closet (more like frustrated or even lazy) writer. I always loved writing, have been told often that I am good at it, but never committed to it. Whenever the opportunity presented itself and I found myself sitting and writing something, I would kill it, but, for some reason, as the years moved forward, I found myself writing less and less (I was busy, getting married, getting divorced, working, and fathering though not necessarily in that order). Can you relate? I am one of those people that loves to buy fancy writing journals, leather bound writing tablets, of course the nice smooth writing pens. I would then put these beautiful journals in my briefcase so that I could write in them on the train to work or whenever I had extra time. I would, at first, pen a few pages about whatever I was thinking of at the time (work, life) but would never stick to it. Still, when I am in the bookstore, I often find myself creeping over to that section with the fancy writing notebooks and helplessly buying another one. I guess it represents to me the desire to write, the intention is there, but... it never happens with any consistency. Lets see if this blog can change all that.

So, to all you wanna be writers out there, like me, that can relate, here is my blog, my place where my muse will find its way out of my brain and into the written word. No promises but definitely good intentions. If you have any thoughts on this, perhaps words of encouragement (yeah I love those!) or similar experiences, I would definitely love to hear them, so for now...lets see what happens.

OSO.

1 comment:

Bob Lippman said...

Good Luck Bruce-one day you will be like Google
Bob Lippman